Maya the Bird of NEST has always been drawn to the word Co-Creation/Co-Create and so she has decided to Open Nest Studio. Welcoming those who would like to be creative in a relaxed and down to earth atmosphere with conversation, encouragement and freedom of expression.
To be able to work on their own creations and projects whatever they may be and to also have the chance to be taught techniques by professional Guest Artists.
“Bush Collections “
ABSTRACT ACRYLIC BUSH CREATIONS
In this workshop hosted by Karin Hotchkin a mixed media Artist/Educator we will create
abstract acrylic bush creations focusing on
Colour - monochromatic/colour theme
* Elements and Principles of Art - Shape, line and pattern
* Style - Abstract/stylised
* Perspective - aerial view/flat design and composition
* Inspiration - found from natural elements from the environment - leaves/nuts/banksia/proteas
Development of painting
1. View paintings by Karin and explain the process.
2. Paint a base in acrylic on the canvas either with mixed colours/monochromatic or a particular colour theme.
3 Draw stylised shapes of natural dried nuts/leaves etc
4. Draw design ideas for the painting
5. Draw Design onto painting add patterns and paint some selected areas
Karin is a mixed media Artist/Educator Living in the hills of Perth W.A that is inspired by the colours, patterns, textures, and shapes that are found in nature and the landscape. She explores many possibilities and interpretations of the land, nature, and the environment
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW